It would be best to have a good credit score when you apply for a loan from a bank, non-banking finance company or an online lender. A good credit score and report provide you with easy approval, and low-interest rates show your past credit activities and your credit discipline. A credit score and report are essential elements that every lender considers before approving an application for a loan. By checking the credit score and report, a lender checks whether you are an eligible borrower. The numerical summary and the report is of utmost importance. You can install the CIBIL score app and undergo a CIBIL score check for free.
Ways to Check Your Credit Score and Report for Free
There are four credit bureaus in India. You can go through the CIBIL score check for free on the official portal of the credit bureaus or install the CIBIL score app. The ways to check your credit score and report for free are as follows:
Official Portal of the Credit Information Bureau India Limited
The process to check credit scores and report for free through the official portal of the Credit Information Bureau India Limited is as follows:
- You can visit the official portal of the Credit Information Bureau India Limited.
- You can tap on it to get your CIBIL score.
- You can click the Click Here option to get your credit score for free.
- You can enter your personal details, such as name, email address and password.
- You can attach soft copies of identity proof, such as PAN, Aadhaar, and Voter Card with your passport number.
- You can enter your PIN code, mobile number, other contact information, and date of birth.
- You can click Select and Continue.
- You will receive a one-time password on your mobile number registered on the portal.
- You can enter the OTP and click continue.
- You can click on Go the Dashboard.
- The official portal of the Credit Information Bureau India Limited will redirect you to myscore.cibil.com.
- You can click on member login.
- When you log into your account on the official portal, you can check your CIBIL score.
CIBIL Mobile Application
You can install and download the CIBIL score app. You can view your credit score and report with the help of the CIBIL mobile application. The ways to check your credit score and report through the CIBIL score app are as follows:
- After downloading the CIBIL application, you can complete the registration process.
- After completing your registration process, you can log into your account, check your credit score, and report.
Official Websites of Other Credit Bureaus
In addition to the Credit Information Bureau India Limited, three other credit bureaus are operating in India. They are Experian Equifax and CRIF Highmark. According to the guidelines from the Reserve Bank of India, every credit bureau operating in India must provide you with your credit score and report for free at least once in one year. You can check it online through the official portal of the credit bureaus or undergo the CIBIL score check free by mailing them.
Third-Party Finance Platforms
You can view your credit scores for free annually on third-party finance platforms. You can check it whenever you want from anywhere in the world without paying any charges. You can check your credit score frequently. The third-party platforms you use to check credit scores and reports should be authentic and trustworthy.
Nowadays, a few banks allow you to check your credit score and report. You may have to pay extra fees in a few banks, while some banks do not charge any additional charges and provide your credit score and information for free.
To go through the CIBIL score check for free, you can enter your name, birthdate, employment, etc. After you successfully submit your details, a credit bureau will give you your credit score and report.
You can get your credit score and report for free. Checking credit scores and statements is essential for every lender before they approve your loan or credit card application. A credit report proves your creditworthiness and ability to repay the loan amount or credit card bill on time. On the other hand, a credit score is a summary of your entire report. Credit scores and reports show your credit history. The checking procedure is relatively effortless. You can go through the CIBIL score check free process either on the official portal of the credit bureaus or by downloading the CIBIL score app.