Remember that there is no quick remedy if you have credit problems and want to improve your credit scores. To improve your credit ratings, you must be disciplined and knowledgeable about your options. The story of the CIBIL score is a numerical representation (3-digit in length) that ranges between 300 and 900. The more closely your Score approaches 900, the better. Financial guides suggest 750 to be a good CIBIL score.
You must take action to raise your score if it falls short of the accepted range. You can easily find your score on the CIBIL website; you need your CIBIL Login details. If you do not have an account, register on the platform and use the respective CIBIL Login to open your credit score.
There are various ways to help you have a good credit score. The following ways guide you towards a stable credit score.
- Review the accuracy of your credit report: Ensuring that all of your credit report’s data is accurate is crucial. Your credit score may suffer if there is an error or discrepancy in the credit report. Check the veracity of the information in these reports from each of the four credit reporting organisations. Raise a ticket with the credit information agency and your credit company to address any erroneous, out-of-date, or missing information.
- Create Payment Reminders to Remind You to Pay Your Dues: Your credit score can increase within a few months if you consistently make your payments on time. Conversely, your credit score decreases by only one late or missed payment. So write down the due dates for each outstanding credit in your to-do list and ensure you pay the amount on time.
- Improve your credit use rate: Your credit score keeps lowering if your credit card expenditure exceeds 30% of the limits. Therefore, it would be wise to consider paying a portion of the sum in advance to maintain your monthly debt-to-income ratio above 30%.
- Convert the Debts Into EMIs: The problems of making large payments due to the high-interest rates on credit card accounts and other loans are solvable. First, convert your numerous debts into EMIs. This will help you to pay them off with a low-interest personal loan. Following that, you can decide on a repayment schedule based on your financial resources and repay the borrowed money with manageable EMIs. The interest rate is one benefit of using a personal loan to settle the previous debt; it is almost half that of interest rates on credit cards.
- Pay a bill many times in a billing cycle: The regular monthly payments are beneficial for your credit score but not ideal for your CIBIL Score. Every month, your creditors send a balance report to the credit bureaus. Large balances may indicate that you are abusing your credit. The best course of action if your finances are in good shape is to make more than one monthly payment. It undoubtedly expedites the repayment of your debt; it also lowers your credit utilisation ratio and raises your CIBIL Score.
- Prioritise paying off “maxed out” cards: When using numerous credit cards, paying off the card whose limit is close to expiring first is best. Your credit score will increase due to this strategy’s ability to reduce your credit utilisation ratio.
- Create a Strong Credit History: More than five years would be a respectable average credit age. Your credit score improves with a long history of good credit. Keep older credit cards open, and don’t cancel your current ones. The length of your credit history significantly influences your credit score. It showcases your aptitude for managing credit. Maintaining older credit cards is crucial, as is continuing to make on-time, complete monthly payments. Even if you are not utilising them anymore, don’t close them. If you must, shut off the more recent ones.
- Only apply for new credit cards if necessary: Consider your requirements and decide whether you need to apply for another credit card. For example, if you desire to raise your credit score, having many open accounts you aren’t utilising will result in charges and lower your credit score.
The financial gurus advise along the lines mentioned above to improve your CIBIL Score and maintain a good CIBIL Login. Not only that, these steps will bring the necessary discipline that will help you financially in the long run.