Choosing a digital marketing agency can feel like you’re on the brink of a wild ride. You want to go fast, but you also want to make sure that your ride is going in the right direction. That’s why it’s important to look at all the factors involved in choosing an agency and deciding on one that’s right for your business.
Look for industry and niche experience
The best way to find an agency that’s a good fit is by looking for industry and niche experience. If you’re in the auto industry, look for an agency with expertise in car marketing. If you’re in luxury real estate, look for an agency that specializes in digital marketing for high-end properties.
If your business is a startup or has yet to land its first clients, use this as another opportunity to choose an agency based on their strengths and experiences. A good digital marketing firm will understand what it takes to get noticed when there are tens (or hundreds) of thousands of other businesses also vying for attention online—and they’ll have the chops to make your business stand out from the pack.
Get some recommendations
When you ask around for a recommendation on who to hire, you should feel comfortable asking the right questions so you can make sure you’re hiring the right company. Asking just one person isn’t enough; it takes multiple recommendations from different people.
Here are some suggestions for finding out about good digital marketing agencies and how to get them:
- Ask your business colleagues or vendors if they know of any digital marketing agencies that are trustworthy and reliable. You could also go to networking events in your area and talk with other business owners about their experiences working with certain companies.
- Check social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter where many people will post testimonials after having worked with an agency, which can be helpful in determining whether or not that particular firm is worth looking into further (make sure not all their clients are always praising them though). This can also help rule out any agencies who might have something negative going on behind closed doors which would affect your business negatively as well if they were hired by me instead
Check out a few case studies
A good digital marketing agency will have case studies on their website for you to read. It’s always a good idea to look at these in detail and see how they compare with the work you have in mind. Check out their quality, and make sure that they really fit your requirements.
You can also ask a few questions about the people who are working on your project: how long they’ve been in business, if they will be working on it themselves or if other team members will be involved? How many clients do they currently have? What kind of projects do they usually take on? This can give you an idea of whether this agency is right for you or not.
Check out their analytics and KPIs (key performance indicators), which measure the results of their work. If they don’t show any results, there may be something wrong with what they are doing – so make sure that there aren’t any red flags before moving forward with them!
Make sure your prospective digital marketing agency will be a good fit for you
- Think about the agency’s size. A small, young company may be hungry to show what they can do and represent a great opportunity for you to get in on their ground floor. On the other hand, it could also mean that they don’t have enough resources to handle your business at this point in time.
- Make sure you are a good fit for them too: Do they focus primarily on digital marketing? Do they work with startups or established businesses? Are their clients similar to yours? If so, there is a good chance that they will have relevant experience that can help guide your own efforts.
Ask the hard questions
A good way to start is by asking about the agency’s overall experience in your industry. How long have they been around? Do they work with other businesses like yours? If so, how many? What kind of clients do they typically work with and what are their success rates like?
You should also ask about their past clients if possible. Have any of them worked with companies similar to yours before? Ask if there’s someone at the agency who can show you some examples of past projects or even present a portfolio showcasing some of their recent successes. You’ll be able to see firsthand what kind of work goes into producing high-quality digital marketing campaigns and get an idea whether or not this particular agency may be a good fit for you.
Carefully weigh these factors when deciding on a digital marketing agency.
- Look for an agency with industry and niche experience.
- Get some recommendations from your network of colleagues before you start looking, and then search for digital marketing agencies that have been recommended by more than one person.
- Check out some case studies from past work done by the agencies you’re considering so that you can get a sense of their creative process and expertise in action.
- Make sure you’ll be a good fit for your prospective digital marketing agency—you should feel comfortable working with them (and vice versa) before signing on the dotted line. Ask questions like: Are they responsive? Do they offer a free consultation so we can get to know each other? How much service do they offer after closing the deal? How urgent are their needs right now? What kind of budget do they have allocated toward this project?”
We hope that this guide has helped you get a better feel for what to look for in a digital marketing agency. Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all solution and every business is different. We recommend that you take the time to do your research and find an agency that fits your needs best.