Today, with the help of the internet, people can get their work done quickly and easily. But, sometimes they have trouble extending their WiFi network from one room to another in their home. So, we have the perfect solution for you that is Netgear WiFi extender. This device provides great service and easy access to the internet, so you can work fast and easily no matter where you are in your home. Don’t miss out on any of the details in this post to complete the Netgear WiFi Extender setup properly.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup [Netgear_ext]
If you are thinking to perform a Netgear WiFi extender setup in your home Then you are at the right place. Here you will get accurate instructions onthe Netgear WiFi extender.
There are numerous important points of the Netgear WiFi extender, which you need to keep in mind during the extender configuration. The following requirements are elaborated on in upcoming points.
- Keep in mind to use the non-damaged power socket.
- Arrange your Netgear WiFi extender near the host router.
- Write down the credentials of the extender and router.
- We recommend that your systems like computers or laptops have two internet browsers, because of this you remove the risk of error between the processes.
Thus, these are the vital concepts that you need to bear in mind first to set up a Netgear WiFi extender. Now start the further process with the Netgear WiFi extender instructions. Keep reading continue!
Netgear WiFi extender Setup Methods
You can perform the Netgear WiFi extender setup by two methods: The manual method and the WPS method. To know more about the methods you need to read the next section of the post carefully.
The manual method of Netgear WiFi extender setup is also known as web browser setup.
You just need to follow the given below steps to learn about the Netgear WiFi extender setup by manual method.
- Unbox your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Attach the hardware of the extender like the antenna’s power cable.
- You need to turn on your Netgear WiFi extender by inserting the power cable into the wall outlet.
- Connect the extender and host router with the strong access network. Always use the Ethernet cable to give the network access.
- Once you completed the above steps, turn on your devices like computer- and laptop for the further process.
- Launch the internet browser in the computer and put the correct web address into the address bar, to get the access to extender login page.
- After typing the web address click on the Enter button and you will see the Login page of the Netgear WiFi extender on the screen.
- Fill the default username and password of the extender into the provided fields.
- Hit the Log In button for the further process.
- Once you did all the above steps you will see the setup wizard, where you need to select the network you want to extend in your home.
- The process has been completed successfully.
Therefore, these are the steps that you need to perform to complete the extender setup via Netgear Genie setup wizard. After that, you are free to place your extender anywhere in your home if you like to enjoy an uninterrupted connection to the internet in your home.
Do you know what WPS stands for? If not then don’t worry, here we are telling you about the WPS method and how you can set up your Netgear WiFi extender with this.
Well, WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. This is the easiest way for a Netgear WiFi extender setup.
The following points will guide you properly:
- Firstly, make sure that the extender is powered on.
- Thereafter, you need to locate the WPS button on the extender, which is usually located at the back panel of the extender.
- Once you found the WPS button on the extender press it for some time
- Also, press the button on an existing router at the same time.
Hence, these are the performing steps that you need during the process of the Netgear WiFi extender via the WPS method.
Hope you can like our post and understood the above-mentioned steps properly related to the Netgear WiFi extender and follow the same steps no matter whether you are installing AC600 extender or performing Netgear EX6100V2 setup. Apart from it, you can drop a comment in the comment section regarding the post for your fellow readers.