A router is a vital piece of network hardware which allows communication between the internet and the devices such as personal computers, tablets, smartphones, etc. As its name suggests, a router ‘routes’ the traffic between the connected devices and the internet.
In today’s era, an average home has a wide range of Internet connected devices. A router plays the key role to connect these devices to the internet. It directs the incoming and outgoing traffic in an efficient manner. Now that you have a clear understanding about what a router does, its good to move forward to next step which is to set up your Netgear AC750 router.
How to set up Netgear AC750 router?
Routers are crucial part of our home network security. Hence, it is evitable to understand how to configure and log in to the router to have a secure network connection.
Here are the step-by-step guidelines for the Netgear AC750 setup. Basically, there are two modules to get the router up and working. The first is to connect the router and the second is to login to it:
Router Connection steps
- Unbox your router– The very first step you need to follow is unbox your Netgear AC750 router. You will find router, power adapter, Ethernet cable and userguide or manual inside the box.
- Power up the Router– The next step would be to plug in the router’s electrical power source to the socket and then push the power button on the router. Please wait till the LED lights on the router are stable.
- Connect Router to the Modem – Now using an Ethernet cable,create a connection between the router and modem. Make sure that one end of the cable is plugged to router and the other end is plugged to the modem without any loose connection.
- Placement of the Router– It is necessary to choose the right place for the router in order to make the most of it. You need to opt for an open area to get high network coverage.
Router Log in steps
To log in to your router, you may follow any of the two methods: Manual or Nighthawk app as per your convinience.
Router Login via Manual Method
- STEP 1 – Switch on your PC or laptop. Make sure you have updated version of operating system on the computer.
- STEP 2 – Open internet web browser on your personal computer or laptop. You may opt for any of the most used web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, etc. Rest assure to have the latest version of the browser on your PC to avoid any hindrance in the further process.
- STEP 3 – In the address bar (and not the search bar) of the web browser, type web address which is “ routerlogin.net “ and press enter.
- STEP 4 – Netgear router login page will be launched. You will need to login using the default credentials ie. username and password. You may refer to the userguide or manual that came along the router in the box in case you do not know the login credentials.
- STEP 5 – You will be redirected to Netgear Genie setup wizard or the basic Home screen. Rest all you will need to be doing next is follow on-screen instructions.
Netgear Router Log in via Nighthawk App
- Step1– Download and install Nighthawk application via Play Store or App Store on your mobile.
- Step2 – After successful installation of the app, open the Nighthawk Application.
- Step3 – You will be prompted to login to your Netgear account. If you do not have a Netgear account then you will need to sign up and create a new account. After creating the account log in to it.
- Step4 – Thereafter, enter the default username and password in their respective fields, to log in to your Netgear router account. You may find default credentials in the user manual. Tap on Log In button.
- Step5 – After the successsful login you will have the Netgear Genie Setupor basic Home screen opened.
- Step6 – You will have to simply follow the on-screen instructions and you are all set to use your Netgear AC750 router.
Lastly it is essential that you set a new name and password for the router. Do not forget to ensure that you are using strong password to avoid any chances of cybercrimes like hacking. Now that your Netgear AC750 router is up and running by logging in using new name and password, all you need to do is connect your devices to the network and start using the internet.